Cherry Blossom Madness


Spring is my favourite season and it seems fitting that I pulled this card last night from the Tree Magick oracle card deck. The card is #22 The Cherry Tree (Vulnerability) and reads, “Every Spring is a new beginning, bearing a multitude of budding possibilities.”


I read a lot of Zen poetry and I’m in love with it. It’s filled with passion and longing, insight and wisdom. Here’s a Zen poem entitled “Spring Dreams”:

In spring, I dream through dawn,
but hear birds everywhere, singing.

O voice of all-night wind and rain,
do you count the petals that are falling?

~ Meng Hao-Jan (689–740)

Below are two short poems of my own. I dedicate them to my Korean friend, and kindred spirit, Tia (Hee) who loves trees as much as I do.
 
I stand beneath the moon
The trees are my companions.
I listen with my heart
For footsteps that never come.
(April 2010)

It must be beautiful to be a tree;
arms stretched heavenward
so strong, vulnerable, and free.
(Spring 2009)

If you would like me to draw a tree card for you, let me know. I would be happy to. Please indicate if you have a specific question in mind.

May the beauty of springtime lure you from your slumber. May your heart soften like delicate tree blossoms and love fill every cell of your being.